Cute Indian Cartoon Wedding Invitation Card and all its details

by Namrata Nautiyal
11 comments
Cute Indian Cartoon Wedding Invitation Card

My cute bubbly friend Aditi was getting married, and I received her wedding invitation card few months back. The minute I opened her card, I had this smile on my face. It was such a adorable wedding card, everyone in my family squealed with joy looking at it.

Every now and then, one does get a wedding invitation card…the same old colours, traditional Indian prints and design…but the latest trend in the wedding circuit is definitely cute Indian cartoon wedding invitation cards. They are all over the internet.

I remember seeing similar ones online, and back in my days when I was hunting for a card for my wedding, I went around asking everywhere if they had these cartoon wedding invitation cards. But no luck. The fanciest options available had umbrellas in funky colours, and different colourful bright patterns but nothing in cartoons.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I got Aditis invite. I immediately texted her asking for details, but for some (lazy) reason I never really got to share her card with all of you all.

Your might have seen this cartoon dulha dulhan on the internet, but did you know that you can totally do this for your wedding as well?

Where did Aditi get her cartoon wedding invitation card made from?

Aditi said that in Mumbai, cartoon wedding cards like these were turning out to be too expensive, so she got hold of a graphic designer in Bangalore, who she showed a similar picture and asked him to tweak it out a bit for her.

But it was not just the front page that caught my eye. It was the wedding program page. So unconventional in its look, but the story, the wordings, the pictures it was so adorable.

Aditi was having a South Indian wedding, and for someone like me who wouldn’t know of all the traditions, this wedding program was so helpful. It must have happened with you all as well, you go and attend a wedding, and you’re in the middle of some rituals but you don’t know what’s going on. One does loose interest sometimes, but having a sweet narration and a step by step wedding program guide like this is so helpful. Isn’t it?

How much did it cost?

For the graphic design, it cost her 1000 bucks. Printing was done in Mumbai. The total cost per card came to be around 35-40 bucks.

Have you come across similar cartoon wedding invitation cards anywhere? Do you know of a place where to buy them from?

You may also like

11 comments

Indian Wedding Program Invitation Card Ideas - Frugal2Fab March 18, 2017 - 4:15 pm

guess by now, you all might have seen Aditis adorable cartoon wedding invitation card that I had featured on the blog.

Meenakshi Krishnan November 20, 2017 - 9:27 pm

Hi Namrata. I’m Meenakshi from Mumbai. The above post is just so beautiful and very informative for some one planning to have a trendy yet traditional evite. It would be grate if you let me know about the graphic designer whom, your friend Aditi had approached for getting her invite made.

Namrata Nautiyal November 22, 2017 - 12:07 pm

Hi Meenakshi,
The graphic designers for this card were Rebecca Designs. You can reach out to them at info@reebeca.com

Aditi + Krishna - A traditional TamBrahm Wedding - Frugal2Fab March 24, 2017 - 8:30 pm

Aditi happens to be a very close friend of mine. She recently got married in Mumbai in a traditional tam-brahm wedding. I was of course *eyes rolling* invited, but because I am in Gurugram (uuhhh) I couldn’t attend the wedding. You might remember Aditi from the earlier post I had written about her cute Indian cartoon Wedding Invitation Card.

SCD Balaji April 15, 2017 - 1:23 am

I need the contact no of the designer or the blog writer. Urgent Please

Namrata Nautiyal April 15, 2017 - 9:06 am

Hi, you can email me at frugal2fab@gmail.com

Reebeca June 28, 2017 - 2:09 pm

Hi, We are the designers of this card. Please email us at: info@reebeca.com or visit http://www.reebeca.com

Divya Subramanian June 16, 2017 - 9:20 pm

Beautiful card…. i was planning to design a wedding card for my sister, i then came across this wedding card and it is so adorable… i want to design similar card for my sister’s wedding.. i have mailed on the above given email ID… is there any other source with which i can contact the designer? If there is then please let me know….Thanx

Reebeca June 28, 2017 - 2:07 pm

Hi Namrata Nautiyal, We are the designers of this card. We created these cards for Aditi & Krishna’s wedding. We thank you and frugal2fab.com for writing this article.

Sakshi Sharma May 1, 2019 - 6:01 pm

Hi Namrata Nautiyal, can you please share your contact details. I love your card and would like to get something similar for my own wedding. Regards Sakshi Sharma

Namrata Nautiyal May 1, 2019 - 6:32 pm

Hi Sakshi, you can reach out to me at frugal2fab@gmail.com
If you’re interested in the cartoon wedding invitation card, you will need to get in touch with Rebecca Designs, from Bangalore. You can reach out to them at info@reebeca.com